The Board of Directors of the Kenya Association of Music Producers (KAMP) is pleased to announce the declaration of royalties for the period 1st January 2023 – 31st March 2023 in the following categories and in line with the DISTRIBUTION CALENDAR that was presented to members during the Special General Meeting of 13th December 2022:


2. APRIL DISTRIBUTION FROM COMMUNICATION TO THE PUBLIC (CTP) - HYBRID DISTRIBUTION i.e General distribution/ Catalogue based payments for both sound recordings and music videos/ Scientific

During the period under reference we collected a total of Kshs. 15,894,746.31/-, out of which Kshs. 7,947,373.16/- was spent on administrative costs. The balance of Kshs. 7,947,373.16/- has now been set aside for the distribution reflecting a ratio of 50% of the amounts collected.

The income realized from Communication to the Public (CTP) revenue stream recorded a slight improvement in the month of January 2023. This would have continued in an upward trend in the subsequent months however, KAMP experienced some challenges affecting the field operations and collections occasioned primarily by the license status of one of the Collective Management Organisations. Nonetheless, we have set aside Kshs. 7,947,373.16/- specifically, for the HYBRID DISTRIBUTION, which will be made as follows:

1. 80% of the total amounts realized will be subjected to GENERAL DISTRIBUTION AND CATALOGUE BASED DISTRIBUTION.

2. 20% of the total amounts realized will be subjected to SCIENTIFIC DISTRIBUTION.

3. 80% amounts allocated in No. 1 above is set aside for SOUND RECORDINGS whilst 20% will be allocated to MUSIC VIDEOS.

4. Out of the amounts allocated in 3 above, 80% of the amounts will be distributed by GENERAL DISTRIBUTION and remaining 20% will be distributed through CATALOGUE basis. 

In view of the above, the highest paid member will receive an estimated Kshs. 130,056.00/- whilst the lowest paid member will receive an estimate of Kshs. 2,764.01/-. We encourage our members to continue updating their works and catalogue regularly with the Secretariat .as the next major distribution will be from Broadcasting category (scientific), followed later by another CTP distribution (Hybrid).